Sunday 5 September 2010

Hive Nodes

Ever-adapting, the spawning vats of Hive Fleet Askepios completed the final touches on these nasty characters today! Tyranid Warriors bolster the swarm by providing synaptic control but are also fearsome adversaries in their own right - especially set up as these guys are with Lash whips and Boneswords. I'd painted up my Warriors years ago, kitted out with Rending claws and deathspitter - not exactly a deadly combo, even under the previous Codex! Unsurprisingly they've sat on the shelf for soem time - but they're such cool models I needed some excuse to start fielding them again. So with a little ingenuity and fishing in the trusty bits box I was able to convert them into real killing machines.


For the bonesword arms I've used deathspitter arms, with the gun cut off. For the blades I've used the 'scythe' from the scything talons Warrior special weapons sprue (which I had loads of left from Hive Guard conversions!), shaved into that sort of rapier shape that seems to work. Some extra caraprace pieces and toxin sacs hide the joins well enough (I hope!).

The lash-whips I think any 'Nid player will recognise as the 'feeder' arm from the Heavy Venom Cannon on the Monstrous Creature sprue. Cut down and shaved to a tapered point, I think they look the part. I cut some of them up to get the whip flailing in different directions, with some overuse of poly cement then filed down to hide the joins. I might go back and slop some PVA glue on the ends to give them a gooey wet-look!


So there they are, ready to go. And what could be more of a head-ache for an opponent than three so-armed Warriors? How about six of them, accompanied by a Tryanid Prime?!
Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment